Monday, July 25, 2011

Where is my money going?

Even for a numbers geek, such as myself, U.S. spending is a hard thing to wrap my head around. Realizing I indebted myself hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy a house was hard enough.

Reviewing state budgets that throw the word 'billion' around is hard to envision, but possible. ie The state spent more then 5,831 of my houses on Debt Service in 2010. (This is harder to envision when the state does not label, or mislabels data. $1,948 billion, really?)

That is why I love what alot of people are doing with graphical representation of information

http://www.wheredidmytaxdollarsgo.com/

Does just that, allowing me to see, on average, where my federal tax dollars are going.

A state level one could be very interesting...

No comments:

Share BHI content

Translate