- The MA Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development reported today the September 2014 unemployment rate rose to 6%.
- The state’s economy added 9,400 jobs in September. Meanwhile, August’s previous number of new jobs lost was revised to 4,900 from 5,900.
- The labor force in September increased by 14,600 workers. The total MA labor force is now 3.517 million.
- The Education and Health Services lost the largest number of jobs in the past month (4,800) while Trade, Transportation and Utilities added the largest number of jobs (10,700).
- Manufacturing and Other Services were the two other sectors which lost jobs, 700 and 800 jobs lost, respectively.
- Government added only 100 jobs in the past month. However the public sector overall has gained 2,100 jobs in the past year.
- Information (1,900) and Leisure and Hospitality (1,000) were two sectors with big gains.
Read BHI's analysis here.